Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Conquerer on a White Horse

I've already talked about how Muslims are waiting for the Mahdi who will come riding on a white horse. This is mentioned in Revelation 6:1-2 "I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, 'Come!' I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest."

Today I'm writing this more for amusement than because I really think there's something to this, but it is amusing, so I'll share...

Maybe you already know that Muhammad's horse's name was Burak. I never knew that,  but it is said that he went to heaven on his horse (usually portrayed as a winged horse, but a white horse none-the-less.) This is said to have happened at the temple mount in Jerusalem. For the Muslims the Western Wall is the "Al-Buraq Wall," (part of the Al Aqsa Mosque) and served as a tying post for Muhammad's horse.

In the Koran "The Day of Burak" is mentioned
"It is the Day of Rising, and the Day of Anguish and Repentance.
This is the Day of Burak!
This is the of Reckoning and Recompense.
This is the Day of Parting;
This is the Day of Encounter!"
(The story says that he will be given a crown and will ride Burak and will go to Heaven, and that a cry will be heard...)
"Raise your head, Rider of the Winged-Horse, as it is the Day of Reckoning and of Recompense. Raise your head and ask, and it will be given!"
"Your Lord shall give you, and you will be satisfied." (Koran 93,5) 

The name Burak also translated Barak, Barack, and Barric means "lightening or blessing". In the US, we are definitely living in the "day of Barack", and I have no doubt that he is helping to usher in the appearance of the Mahdi (Anti-Christ), "like lightning that flashes from the west to the east".
Wouldn't that be amusing if that turned out to be what was meant by "riding on the white horse". 

Again, I'm not saying this cause I believe it without a doubt... I'm just amused by the coincidence.

1 comments:

Good Juju said...

Whoa dude. That is an interesting perspective...!